5 slices of Apple Wood Smoked Bacon, chopped
2 large organic Gold Potatoes, diced
2 teaspoons of old bay seasoning or any all purpose seasoning
2 teaspoons of black pepper
1 Portobello Mushroom Cap, thinly sliced
1/2 cup of thinly sliced onions
1/2 of a yellow bell pepper, thinly sliced
1/2 cup of shredded Gruyere Cheese
- Season the diced potatoes with black pepper, and Old Bay Seasoning.
- Heat a few tablespoons of olive oil in a saucepan, over medium heat.
- Add the potatoes when the pan is hot.
- Cook for 5 mins.
- Then add the onions and bacon.
- Continue to cook until the potatoes are almost cooked, the onions are translucent, and the bacon is crispy.
- Add 1/4 cup of chicken broth and coat the ingredients in the broth.
- Remove from the heat and allow the mixture to cool.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Whisk the 3 eggs together.
- Add the potatoes mixture to an ungreased baking pan and pour the eggs over the potatoes.
- Place the mushrooms, bell pepper slices and cheese on top.
- Bake in the oven for 20 mins, or until the eggs are cooked.
This is a simple breakfast that you can make without breaking a sweat. It’s easy and doesn’t involve many ingredients. I used bacon, but you can use sausage, ham, or make it without any meat.
In the future when I make this casserole I will use bacon, Italian sausage, and ham, to add even more flavor. Also, I’ll use more eggs since I’m using more meat.
Today, I had my casserole with Brioche Bread. This was the perfect combination. The bread was light and buttery and it complemented each bite of the cheesy casserole. Everything melted in my mouth.
Please let me know what you think. Have you ever made anything similar to this? Do you think you’ll try making it?