1/2 pound ground beef
3 large Portobello Mushrooms
1/2 cup diced onions
1/2 cup of diced red bell peppers
1/3 cup of green onions
3 teaspoons of minced garlic
3 teaspoons of dried parsley
2 teaspoons of black pepper
1 tablespoon of sea salt
1 teaspoon of oregano
1 teaspoon basil
1 cup of panko bread crumbs
1/2 cup of Cheddar Cheese
1/2 cup of tomato sauce
1/2 cup of ketchup
1/4 beef broth
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- In a sauce pan heat a few tablespoons of olive oil.
- When the pan is hot, add the ground beef.
- Brown the beef for 5 mins.
- Add the diced onions, green onions, garlic, black pepper, salt and parsley.
- Allow the ingredients to cook until the onions are translucent and the beef is fully cooked.
- Rub the Portobello Mushrooms with olive oil and set them aside.
- In a bowl combine the oregano, basil, breadcrumbs, cheese, and tomato sauce.
- Mix the ingredients together.
- Arrange the mushrooms on a baking sheet and fill each cap with ground beef and top each one with the breadcrumb mixture.
- In a bowl, mix the tomato sauce with 1/4 cup of beef broth.
- Spoon the beef and ketchup mixture over each cap. Make sure each mushrooms is covered well.
- Bake in the oven for 15 to 20 mins or until the mushrooms are tender.
- Sprinkle Parmesan Cheese over each mushroom.