4 to 5 pounds baby back ribs
1/2 cup of bbq sauce
5 tablespoons of dark brown sugar
1/4 cup honey
4 tablespoons of Dijon mustard
1/4 cup of diced pinapple chunks with juice
2 teaspoons liquid smoke (optional)
1 tablespoon smoked paprika
1 tablespoon onion and garlic powder
1 teaspoon chili powder
1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 teaspoon chili pepper flakes
2 teaspoons of salt
- Massage the ribs with the spice rub.
- Mix the ingredients for the glaze together.
- Broil the ribs for 10 mins.
- Reduce the temperature to 300 degrees, and brush the ribs with the glaze.
- Bake for 2.5 hours, or until tender.
- After 30 mins glaze the ribs.
- Then bake for another 30 mins.
- Glaze again, and cover with foil for an hour.
- Uncover the ribs, glaze and finish in the oven for 15 to 30 mins, or less depending on how tender the ribs are. The ribs are tender and cooked when you can slice through freely.
- Glaze the ribs, and let them sit for a few mins.