1 lb large shrimp in shell
1/2 cup of chopped green onions
6 garlic cloves, crushed
1/2 of diced onions
5 fresh thyme sprigs
3 fresh scotch bonnet or habanero chiles, cut in half and seeded
2 teaspoons of black pepper
15 whole pimento berries
2 tablespoons of sea salt
- Rinse the shrimp with lemon juice.
- Bring 4 cups of water to a boil and add all of the ingredients to the water.
- Simmer for 25 mins, covered.
- After 25 mins reduce the heat and add the shrimp.
- Stir the shrimp in the liquid.
- Then remove the pot from the heat and allow the shrimp to cool in the pot.
- When the shrimp is at room temperature, remove and serve.
How are you guys doing? I hope your Friday is going well. Please let me know if this something you think you’d enjoy. Have you ever tried shrimp this way before? This is my one of my favorite ways to eat shrimp.