1 medium sized Sockeye salmon fillet
3 tablespoons chili pepper paste
2 tablespoons of crushed garlic
1 tablespoon of old bay seasoning or any all purpose seasoning
1 tablespoon sea salt
1 tablespoon of onion powder
Salmon Rub End
1/2 of a large onion, diced
1/4 cup of chicken broth
1/4 cup of sun dried tomatoes
- Mix the salmon rub ingredients together.
- Rub the salmon with the seasoning mix.
- Heat 3 tablespoons of oil in a saucepan, over medium heat.
- Carefully place the salmon in the oil, skin side up.
- Brown for 5 mins.
- Add the tomatoes to the bowl you seasoned the salmon in and mix with the remaining seasoning.
- Flip the salmon and add the diced onions and sun dried tomatoes.
- Continue to brown for 3 mins.
- Slowly pour the chicken broth in.
- Cover for 5 mins, or until the gravy is thick and salmon is cooked.
- Remove from the heat and serve.