2 tablespoons of green onions
1/4 cup of thinly sliced onions
1/4 cup of diced tomatoes
1 tablespoon of seasoned salt
1 teaspoon of black pepper
1 teaspoon of garlic powder
1 teaspoon of onion powder
2 tablespoons of sriracha
1 tablespoon of melted butter
1/3 cup of shredded Cheddar Cheese or pepper jack cheese
- Crack the eggs into a bowl.
- Add the onion powder, garlic powder, black pepper, seasoned salt, and sriracha.
- Whisk the eggs together with the seasonings for about 2 mins.
- Add the green onions, and thinly sliced onions.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of butter over medium heat in a saucepan.
- Pour the egg mixture into the pan, slowly.
- Let the mixture sit for a min or two.
- Use a plastic spatula to lift the edges around the omelette. Continue to do this until the middle of the omelette begins to bubble.
- Add the cheese and use the spatula to gently lift one side of the omelette and lay it on the other side.
- Add cheese to the top of the omelette and cover for a min or two, until the cheese melts.
- Gently remove from the pan, and add the diced tomatoes on top.
Good morning everyone, how are you? I’m visiting a friend at the moment and I made breakfast this morning. I haven’t made an omelette in awhile, but this one came out well.
Omelettes take patience, and endurance. I have learned that you have to cook omelettes slowly, and wait for the right time to flip them. Also, if they fall apart, don’t worry, just add the piece back to the omelette, and flip it.
When I make my omelettes I pour the egg mixture into a warm pan and I wait for 2 mins before touching it. Then, I use a spatula to gently lift the edges, to allow the uncooked egg mixture to run off toward the edge. When I can lift the edges and the spatula goes under the omelette with ease, I know it’s time to flip.
Give it a try and please ask me any questions you may have. I’d like for us to learn from each other. Have a great morning, or night.