Hey guys, I thought of this recipe while finishing the last slice of my pineapple upside-down cake. I was a bit skeptical about using banana slices, but it turned out to be delicious. I will be experimenting with the the upside-down cake concept. So, I’ll have some new Travi Trav recipes coming soon. I think I am going to try an upside-down cake with: apple slices, mango slices, guava slices, or even blueberries . What do you think?
1 cup of granulated sugar
1 1/2 cups of flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
5 tablespoons pineapple juice
1/2 cup of crushed short bread cookies
1/4 cup of dark brown sugar
- Mix the ingredients for the batter very well.
- Slice the bananas, and add the crushed shortbread cookies to a cake pan.
- Evenly distribute the cookies on the bottom of the pan.
- Add the dark brown sugar, and mix the cookies and sugar to together.
- Start going around the pan with the sliced bananas.
- Pour the batter on top, and bake for 40 mins on 350°F, or until you get a clean knife, from testing.
- Remove the cake from the oven, and let it cool before flipping it.