4 chicken tenders
2 cups of panko bread crumbs
1 tablespoon of all purpose seasoning
1 teaspoon cayenne pepper 🌶 🌶🌶
1 teaspoon black pepper
3 tablespoons of mayonnaise
2 tablespoons of Italian dressing
1/2 of an avocado
Several leaves from the head of a Boston Lettuce
1/2 cup of mozzarella cheese
Pita Bread( 2 pieces, cut in half)
- Season the chicken with: all purpose seasoning, cayenne 🌶, and black pepper.
- Heat a pan over medium heat with 1/4 cup of olive oil.
- Add the bread crumbs to a zip lock bag.
- Place each tender in the bag, and use a rolling pin to roll each side. This will coat the chicken with panko, and make it thin.
- Shake the bag and repeat the aforementioned step with each tender.
- Place each tender in the pan.
- Cook each side for 4 mins, or until golden brown.
- Warm 4 pieces of pita bread in the oven, at 400°F for 5 mins.
- Make the dressing by combining Italian dressing, and mayonnaise.
- Add the chicken to the pita bread, the lettuce, mozzarella cheese,the avocado slices, and the dressing.
This sandwich was delicious. When I make it in the future I will try adding crispy bacon pieces, or a slice of ham would work well too. I hope you try this recipe and please share your experience with me.