1 can of salmon or 2 salmon fillet’s
2 cups of pasta shells
1/2 cup of Vermont Cheddar Cheese
1/2 cup of cranberries
1/2 cup of chopped walnuts
4 tablespoons of mayonnaise
1 teaspoon of black pepper
1 tablespoon of butter
1/2 cup of green beans
2 tablespoons of parmesean cheese (optional)
- Boil pasta shells for 14 mins. Add 2 tablespoons of olive oil to the water with 1 tablespoon of salt.
- While the pasta boils, wash and cut the green beans into bite size pieces .
- Add the greens beans to the water, after the pasta has boiled for 10 mins.
- Drain the pasta and green beans, and add both to a bowl.
- Add the cheese, butter, black pepper, and parmesean cheese.
- Stir until everything is mixed, and the cheese has melted.
- Stir in the cranberries and walnuts.
- Then, add the salmon in chunks.
- Add the mayonnaise, and stir well.
- Serve warm, or let it chill in the refrigerator for 20 mins.
This salad could also be made with shrimp, chicken, or fresh cod fish. I used canned salmon, but fresh salmon fillets would taste even better. If you use fresh salmon I suggest seasoning the fillet’s with black pepper, salt, and olive oil. Use a teaspoon of salt and pepper and 1 tablespoon of olive oil, for two medium size fillet’s. Bake in the oven at 350°F, for 20 mins.
Also, you could add corn, chick peas, or pieces of bacon to the original recipe.
Please give the recipe a try.
Remember, “the possibilities are endless”. So, let me know if you create something new. I love questions, so feel free ask me anything.