6 medium size sweet potatoes
🍏2 Granny Smith 🍏
1/2 cup of walnuts
2 tablespoons of dark brown sugar
2 tablespoons of ginger wine or orange juice
1 teaspoon of cinnamon
1 tablespoon of honey
1/2 cup of cranberries
Hey everyone, I thought of this recipe tonight. I was in the kitchen when my eyes and a bag of sweet potatoes met. It was love at first sight. We talked for a few hours and realized how sweet, and versatile we both were. The experience was magical; but in the end our obsession with each other caused me to transform our love into recipe, one to be remembered for years to come. Okay, enough of my weird story. However, I really did fall in love tonight, not with a bag of sweet potatoes, but with a recipe I created using sweet potatoes. Please give this recipe a try, and serve it with your favorite meal. While you continue to laugh at my weird story, check out the directions that led me into this weird love connection.
- Peel the potatoes and cut into bite size pieces.
- Cut the apples into bite size pieces, make sure you remove the core.
- Add the apples and potatoes to a bowl.
- Add the sugar, honey, cinnamon, wine or orange juice, walnuts and cranberries.
- Mix very well
- Pour the contents of the bowl into a baking pan.
- Place 2 tablespoons of butter in the pan.
- Bake at 400F for 35 mins. 25 mins covered, and 10 mins uncovered. I baked a little longer than usual because I like my potatoes to be very soft. So, adjust the baking time to suit your preferences. Also, after 25 mins begin to stir the potatoes constantly as they bake for 10 mins. Every 2 mins stir.