4 to 8 boneless chicken thighs
1 teaspoons of thyme(fresh or dried)
2 teaspoons of cayenne pepper
1 tablespoon garam masala
5 tablespoons of curry powder
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon onion powder
1/2 cup diced onions
4 garlic cloves
2 large potatoes or 4 small potatoes
4 tablespoons of coconut oil
2 cups of chicken broth
- heat the coconut oil over medium oil in a sauce pan.
- cut the thighs into to bite size pieces, and season with the spices
- rub the chicken with all the spices
- when the oil is hot, add the onions and garlic. Cook the onions and garlic until the onions are translucent.
- add the chicken, and increase the heat. Brown the chicken until the curry looks dark.
- add 2 cups of hot chicken broth to the hot pan and add diced potatoes
- reduce the heat, cover and let the chicken cook for 25 mins
- uncover and let the sauce thicken
- when the chicken is cooked and the sauce is no longer watery, the curry is done.
I recommend eating curry with rice, couscous, flatbread(recipe on earlier post), farro, or barley.
Please ask me any questions you may have. Give it a try, and share it with family and friends.